Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mario Lanza - Parlami d'Amore Mariu

Mario Lanza's brilliant lyric spinto tenor became one of the most-loved voices in both popular and classical music in the 1950s. A number of his RCA Victor Red Seal recordings went "Gold," and there are a scarce handful of television appearances that show us how magnetic his artistry was "in person."


Parlami d'Amore Mariu English translation:


How you are beautiful, more beautiful than ever, Mariu!
A star of a smile is shining in your blue eyes.
Even if destiny should be contrary tomorrow,
today I am near you, so why sigh? Don't think!


Speak to me of love, Mariu. You are my entire life.
Your lovely eyes shine, the fires of a dream are burning.


Tell me this is no illusion, tell me that you are all mine.
Here on your heart, I suffer no more, speak to me of love, Mariu!"


Santa Lucia by Mario Lanza is here. And Enrico Caruso's Santa Lucia here.