Jussi Björling sings "M'appari, Tutt' Amor" from "Martha" by Friedrich von Flotow.
Ach so fromm, ach so traut (M'appari) - No. 15, Lied
from Act III of the Italian|German opera, Martha by Friedrich von Flotow
Libretto : W. Friedrich
- Role : Lionel, Plunkett's foster brother
- Voice Part : tenor Fach : lyric tenor
- Setting : A hunting park in Richmond Forest, England, 18th century during the reign of Queen Anne
- Range : G3 to A#/Bb5. Tessitura : A4 to G4
- Synopsis : After meeting Lady Harriet the night before disguised as "Martha", Lionel sees her again with the ladies-in-waiting for Queen Anne. He is struck again by her beauty and grieves that he will probably never be with her again.
M'appari tutt' amor; il mio sguardo l'incontró bella si che il mio cor ansioso a lei voló; mi feri, mi rapi quell'angelica belta sculta in cor dall'amor, cancellarsi non potra, il pesier di poter palpitar con lei d'amor; puó soprir ji martir che m'affanna e strazia il cor! Marta. Marta, tu sparisti e ji mio cor con tuo ne andó! Tu la pace mi rapisti, di dolor jo moriró ah! di dolor morró, al, morró! ah! ENGLISH TRANSLATION She appeared to me, full of love, my eyes caught sight of her; so beautiful that my heart flew to her with longing; was wounded and inflamed by her angelic beauty which love has engraved in my heart, and which cannot be erased, and which cannot be erased, of her responding to my passion is able to appease the suffering which distresses me and breaks my heart! Martha, Martha, you have vanished, and my heart went with you! You have stolen my peace of mind, I shall die of grief, I shall die, shall die of grief!
Enrico Caruso M'appari, Tutt' Amor version of "M'appari, tutt' amor"
Artists Of The Century - Jussi Bjorling, The Ultimate Collection